09.01.20. - A few updates for you today! This month's Promo features the Utopia, so now is the perfect time to start working on any breeding projects that you've been putting off! Additionally, the seasons have changed in Anrui, and Fall is upon us. As such, our swarms have been updated, and our Egg Depot, Pokemon Shop, and Berries Shop have all received seasonal updates as well!
Although it will still take several weeks for the island heat to break, Fall has officially arrived in Anrui! The leaves are beginning to turn from their bright emerald to beautiful shades of reds, yellows, and browns. Pokemon such as Pachirisu are storing food for the oncoming winter. It's best not to get in between the pokemon and their food - they seem to be extra ravenous this season...
Welcome to the Anrui Region, where training is illegal. The Anrui Region is a desolate and lonely place, a once bustling region that has lived under the oppression of Team Plasma for many years. Plasma took over and outlawed training of Pokemon. Raids occurred and people and Pokemon alike were killed. Back alley gym matches were held, but people remain terrified to overthrow Plasma. Who will you side with, Plasma? Or The Resistance?
One of our most welcoming, loyal, and patient of members can be found in Bee - who has been a member for two years now! Always friendly and active in both OOC and IC spaces, Bee is often one of the first people that new members are greeted by and lends a face of familiarity and kindness to any of Anrui's frontiers. With immaculate detail to each masterfully crafted post he writes, as well as the memorable and relatable qualities of his lifelike characters, Bee is a joy to roleplay with and a treasure to Anrui. We're honored to spotlight Bee as our Member of the Month!
As hardened as she is fierce, Nell Stark is a wonderful example of when the extremities of Anrui's political climate are pushed too far on a breakable human mind. Protective of her ideals and morals to the point of defection, watching how Nell is portrayed adapting to the side of the enemy she was once factioned against through her front of snappy indifference is equally parts fascinating and ambiguous. We're happy to announce Nell Stark as our Character of the Month!
In our Thread of the Month oh, life is bigger, Desmond Winters has been in prison for a decade now for murder and procuring, having fully accepted his fate of rotting in the concrete box - that was, until Phoenix Delgado, head researcher of RIVER on the hunt for a new assistant intern, showed up one fateful afternoon. With Desmond's subpar interview skills and Phoenix's cutthroat choosiness, these two collide and find that the traits once considered to be undesirable by others in a professional setting somehow fit together like puzzle pieces.
"Women want me, fish fear me. As loud as it typically was, he had never grown used to the rush of noise - the absolute cacophony - that rushed to his head, every time he would catch small glimpses of ripples and mistakes within the fabricated realm which held him willingly captive. Glitches in the simulation during which the veil would be tattered, fluttering about in the winds of unknown change and what lied behind the wall. Welling inside of him, something was wrong. So entirely, entirely wrong; the same kind of wrong as when he was certain he had left the stove on, or hadn't locked his door. The same wrong that rendered the atmosphere dense and strange, though apparently invisible to his eyes. They had probably forgotten to have her change before being sent out to collect him. Or warn him. Or terrorize him." - Julian Miller, A[D]VERSARY
001. When is their birthday? November 19th, 1989! This makes him a Scorpio sun, Leo moon, and Virgo rising. All three of his signs truly represent him in the most fitting way possible.
002. Do they do anything to celebrate their birthday? Julian has really bad associations about his birthday. He prefers that people forget about his birthday all together after the sense of dread it brings him yearly, and brings it up as little as possible hoping they do. He always gets a painfully uncomfortable and obligatory phone call from his mother and ends up feeling dejected when his father doesn't call.
003. Does your character like coffee better, or tea? Tea! His favorite teas are masala chai and peach iced tea. He used to prefer Arizona iced tea until they introduced honey into their recipe, making it no longer vegan.
004. Do they prefer being alone or with others? It may be hard to believe due to how antisocial and socially awkward he is during interactions in threads, but his crippling fear of being alone has trapped him in abusive situations with abusive people for far longer than he should have been at their mercy. He is introverted to a fault, but also clings to people who are kind to him.
005. Are they in good health? His growth was stunted as a child due to the restrictive consumption of a samefood. He has also suffered with asthma ever since he was a child and continues to do so from the smog of Kain City and the panic that Anrui frequently puts him under. He's missing his right arm and left iris, disabling him in many ways. He also has NCS (neurocardiogenic syncope) and cyclic vomiting syndrome. Other than this, he's pretty physically healthy.
006. What sense do they most rely on? Intuition. His eyesight is poor, his sense of touch is overly sensitive, and his other senses are average; but he has an uncanny ability to feel energies in the air, the intentions of others, and subconsciously processes body language and abnormalities in common behaviors at constant checks.
007. Is your character an optimist or a pessimist? Definitely a pessimist. He plans for the worst and expects the worst, which can discourage him easily and hold him back from even trying or believing in something.
008. What is their favorite fairy tale? The Monkey's Paw. The concept of supernatural karma is very fascinating to him.
009. Do they believe in happy endings? He most certainly does not. He believes that everyone is masking their true intentions, that marriage is a scam, and that he's come to Anrui to be a martyr and die on the cross of Pokemon liberation. He has fully prepared for and accepted the reality of his own inevitable demise.
010. Do they believe in love at first sight? Not at all. Julian does not realize it at this time, but he's demiromantic/demisexual - this means that love, be it platonic or romantic, will take a very long time of positive associations built up around a person in order to blossom for him.
011. How would your character court the person of their dreams? I'd rather portray this IC-ly in a thread, which will come at a later date since we're just establishing their starting friendship and developing crushes for now!
012. What makes your character embarrassed? Literally everything. Every single thing he wears, does in public, or says brings him sincere and great utter embarrassment. He overthinks everything in fear that it might "make him look gay" or effeminate, and replays small social goofs in his head constantly (such as telling a fast food worker "you too" after they tell him to enjoy his meal, accidentally touching someone's hand when exchanging cash, etc.) He has a lot of internalized shame.
013. Have they ever been bullied or teased? Absolutely. He was a member of a small, tight-knit group of queer theatre kids, and later on participated in drag shows where people were both kind and catty to him. The worst of the bullying came when he lived with three roommates in his twenties who relentlessly made fun of him, criticized him, and destroyed or otherwise tampered with his belongings.
014. Detail one secret shame your character feels. I would be able to detail several! The most prominent for him is anything childish - any toy, for example, be it a fidget spinner or a secret stuffed Eevee named Muffin who he's attached to. His secret cup that he plays with in the bath. He's ashamed to wear anything pink even though he thinks the color looks nice on him due to internalized transphobia and fragile masculinity. There's so many things that he's so deeply ashamed of, some of which are unlistable here.
015. Are they most likely to fight with their fists or their tongue? In a physical confrontation, Julian will always, 100% of the time flee unless he has something to defend or is otherwise caught. When forced to fight, he almost always tries to talk his way out of it suavely by relating to the other party, as established through his mission threads. Online, he is much braver and shows a sassier side that feels comfortable enough through a screen to tell others off through writing.
016. What is their choice of weapon? Julian's choice of weapon is to never allow anyone to ever get close to him, so that he never finds himself in a situation where he has to have one. For protection, he prefers to rely on his Pokemon - namely Peach, his Rockruff.
017. When does your character think that violence is justified or deserved? He's a very vindictive and revengeful little Scorpio who has been raised to believe that violence is absolutely a fitting and appropriate punishment for even minor transgressions - so an eye for an eye.
018. Your character wakes up to find that war has been declared. What do they do? He lives in Anrui, so - he would find that voiceless animals are being mistreated, and conceal his suicidal ideation through a cause of social justice and martyrism by jumping right into the action.
019. If they could have a superpower, what would they choose? He would choose to be invisible, both for personal comfort and for espionage.
020. What are their hobbies? Researching conspiracies, astrology, reading non-fiction, ASMR, loose leaf tea, cooking, dancing (shuffle), collecting and repairing companion entertainment system robots, repairing pinball and vending machines, watching anime and movies (especially horror but really anything at all works for him), and some very light gaming!
021. How do they display affection? I would prefer to portray the romantic kind IC-ly once I get that going for him in full swing! Paternally, however (to his Pokemon) he completely infantilizes them, baby talks them, feeds them unhealthy junk food/table scraps, dresses them up in costumes, and posts about them on social media.
022. What is the most beautiful thing they’ve ever seen? It depends on what definition of beauty we're going by here - physical or sentimental? I think that if he were asked to describe the most beautiful thing he's ever seen physically, it would have to be the summer on Casulari Island where he saw the clear, star-dappled sky without Anrui or Castelia's pollution interrupting it. Sentimentally (at least for now....), he would probably say his Rockruff, Peach, in some extravagant costume.
023. What do they consider beautiful in others physically? Julian is demiromantic/demisexual, so the traits of a person that he grows positive associations with would become very beautiful to him. ....Coming as a surprise to literally no one, that means tall, muscular, blonde-haired, blue eyed, weird hands, and prominent teeth. Otherwise known as King Esten .
024. What do they consider ugly in others physically? He doesn't really care or even think about this, given his demisexuality and his disdain for mankind as a whole.
025. What do they consider beautiful in others personality-wise? Honesty is the very most important thing to Julian - it makes him feel safe and coaxes him into trusting a person when he can fully recognize and believe that they are holding back no emotional expression or ulterior motive. Confidence is initially intimidating to him, but becomes attractive to him once he realizes a person exhibiting it is safe. A good sense of humor and the ability to take things in stride make him feel safe to be awkward or socially stunted. He just wants to feel safe.
026. What do they consider ugly in others personality-wise? Power-hungry people who seek his potential rather than who he is remind him of his parents and ex-girlfriend, and thus terrify him. People who don't value Pokemon lives as much as human ones would be immediately cast out by his perpetually judgmental mind. Sadly, it doesn't take much to convince Julian that a person is a threat.
027. What is their idea of perfect happiness? Warmth - physical and emotional warmth, from a place or a person that he doesn't yet know is waiting for his chilly little self to find his way to. His Pokemon by his side. Fully trusting a person, finally, and trusting that he can relax a little as someone has his back and is looking out for his needs. Getting to provide for someone through acts of service and feeling like he matters and is appreciated. A warm cup of tea, a weighted or electric blanket, and some good ASMR sounds.
028. What makes them laugh out loud? Most things do secretly, as he's amused by the smallest of things - even though he's learned to repress it thanks to the way his roommates made him feel about it.
029. What sort of sense of humor does your character have? Julian has a strange sense of dark humor combined with surrealism. He loves cryptic things presented with no context. He loves overly aggressive jokes, and videos that people make in complete sincerity without realizing how uncool they look.
030. Do they believe in the afterlife? He definitely does, and prepares tea for offerings to them during communications held through witchcraft. He will correct you that they're called spirits if you call them ghosts.
031. Are they superstitious about anything? Julian is superstitious about everything, including common widely-held superstitions and his own individual ones that keep end up being proven "right" due to confirmation bias.
032. Does your character believe in ghosts? "They're spirits."
033. Do they keep their promises? He is incredibly reliable and will do anything to keep a promise, which is why pinning him down and earning his trust to commit to promising you things is so hard to do.
034. What’s their view of lying? Julian lies all the time - the problem is that he's not very good at it, and his nervous tics give it away a lot of the time. He's willing to lie to anyone about anything in order to squirm out of an awkward or otherwise uncomfortable situation.
035. What is the most important rule your character lives by? Never trust anyone. Later, this will change to No one ever goes hungry.
036. How honorable is your character? Julian's unexpectedly very proud, but only for the convictions that he deems of importance - which are usually centered around internalized fragile masculinity or family name. He values morals and ethics for Pokemon, but cares only half as much about those of human beings.
037. If your character saw someone drop a large sum of money and knew that they could probably take it without anyone noticing, what would they do? He would absolutely take it, even if he's pretty financially well off since starting and being promoted within Plasma.
038. What bad habits do they have? Nail-biting, stealing, over-analyzing, overthinking, obsessiveness, allowing his paranoia to get the best of him, hair pulling, self-harm, social media addiction, phone addiction, punctuating with "um" and "uh", insomnia, lying, negative self criticism, saying "yes" to everything, bad posture, fidgeting, pencil/pen chewing, borrowing and not returning items, emotional repression, and isolating to echo chambers.
039. What do they think is the worst thing that can be done to a person? He probably thinks that the worst thing that can be done to a person is slasher-level torture, like the kind he tries to avoid in the movies he watches at all costs.
040. What is their obsession? Julian obsesses over a lot, given that he suffers from OCD and has a generally obsessive personality in general. His main ruminations tend to be those related to contamination (although this has gotten better with medication and trial treatments) and whether or not he forgot to lock the door or turn the stove off. Aside from his condition, he obsesses over social situations, overthinks his behavior, obsesses over whether or not he's presenting as effiminate (internalized transphobia, homophobia, and fragile masculinity), negative frames of mind, what-ifs, persistent doubt, conspiracies of all kinds, and many, many more.
041. Are they comfortable with technology? Very! He's a walking showcase for the technologies company run by his father, sporting a bionic arm and a camera iris. His second job is a repairman. A lot of his special interests lie in robots and animatronics, and he's found that his phone also has many addictive properties.
042. What is their greatest achievement? I would prefer to establish this IC-ly later as planned and won't spoil for now! At this very moment in time, however, Julian would probably say reaching the Scout promotion within Plasma.
043. What will they stand up for? Pokemon rights, his own Pokemon, and people he loves. Even if he has to do so with cowardice.
044. What disgusts them? He's repulsed by cheese, feet, poor hygiene, and gore (with the latter holding the ability to make him faint if he comes into contact with it).
045. Does your character have any chronic medical conditions? As mentioned above; stunted growth, multiple amputations, asthma, NCS (neurocardiogenic syncope) and cyclic vomiting syndrome are all things he's carried for a lifetime.
046. How do they handle getting sick? Julian has a crazy immune system since he used to work at what as essentially (if not literally) Chuck E. Cheese in Castelia City (essentially NYC). Being around grubby city kid germs for years and catching mononucleosis from his ex-girlfriend has set him up to repel almost anything. However, in the very rare times where he does get sick, he usually tries to ignore it as best as he can and continue to push himself to do the same job he does on a normal day, which really isn't good for him.
047. What was the last medical problem your character had? IC-ly, the last medical problem Julian had was the accidental consumption of a milk product. Which leads to...
048. Do they have any allergies? Yes, milk and lavender!
049. How does your character feel about growing old? Julian is so thoroughly convinced that he's going to die before his mid to late 30's that the thought doesn't even cross his mind.
050. How does your character feel about their own mortality? He expects it to run out much sooner than later and accepts this begrudgingly.
051. If they knew they would die tomorrow, what would they do today? He would probably try to dissociate from the reality by mindlessly scrolling through social media.
052. What is your character’s worst flaw? He has so many that it's actually hard to pick just one - but I'd say by far, the thing that gets him the most and acts as the most debilitating achilles heel for him is how easily discouraged he is. Self-doubt provides him with a noose from which he hangs his own spirit from, acting as both a means to an end and a leash that restrains him from trying.
053. What is your character’s greatest strength? His resilience. Bee and I joke all the time about how he's like a cockroach - he just cannot die, even when he's actively trying to. He can survive or withstand absolutely anything and at least come out still existing on the other side - he has, and oh boy will he continue to do so later with planned adversities.
054. Does your character want power or authority of any kind? More than the pressure and responsibility of authority, Julian wants control - over his environment, his schedule, and his space - not other people.
055. Is your character an introvert or an extrovert? A full fledged introvert.
056. Has your character ever struck someone in anger? No, but he has been on the receiving end many, many times.
057. Has your character ever killed anyone? While he didn't technically kill the scrap metal collector who gave him trouble on a patrol mission, his Minccino was influenced by his anxious, uncertain energy and panicked herself into electrocuting the man. Julian blames himself and feels as though he did actually kill him.
058. What is your character’s idea of a perfect day? A day off of work where he could cuddle up with Peach under the blankets and warm himself while browsing on his phone for a few hours, and then nap, would make him so unbelievably happy. He's a simple, tired man.
059. List several phrases your character is fond of uttering. Where did they pick them up? Julian isn't fond of uttering anything because he's very reserved and doesn't like to talk much. Later, however, he will pick up on saying "beech" in place of bitch, due to an angry voicemail that PHOENIX DELGADO shows him.
060. What is your character’s attitude toward education and learning? Due to endometriosis, Julian was hardly ever in school. Due to this lack of education and poor grades because of attendance issues, he was rejected easily from the ivy league schools his parents forced him to apply for, and they refused to offer any other alternatives in fear of tarnishing the family name. Julian used to have very below average intelligence, but has since progressed with the help of books and access to the internet; the latter, however, has also regressed him in many ways. I think he would find school unnecessary, but holds books to great importance.
061. Does your character prefer adventure or safety and security? Julian prefers safety and security, but enjoys embarking on an adventure with a person who is safe and secure.
062. What sort of legacy does your character wish to leave behind? The only sort of mark that he hopes to make on the world is to expose Plasma and do anything he can to end Pokemon cruelty in Anrui before his own life is to end, which he is thoroughly convinced is just around the corner at all times.
063. How well does your character handle difficult people? Flee. If he can't flee, apologize and try to placate.
064. In what ways does your character annoy others? Oh man!! The thing about Julian is that he has a certain aura or energy and a way of saying things and going about things that makes people perpetually annoyed with him. It's kind of his thing! Sometimes people find his meek, timid demeanor and his lack of confidence to be annoying. Sometimes, people think his bluntness and his reluctance to speak is either sass or insubordination. He's prone to bad luck and will accidentally bring others down with him when something far beyond his expertise falls on his shoulders. A lot of people are annoyed by his obsessive conspiracy theories and his fidgeting as well. He just has this certain demeanor where his muttering and avoidance of eye contact keep pissing people off as they perceive it to mean things it doesn't.
065. Is your character better at leading or following? Which do they prefer? Better at following, and much prefers following. He doesn't like having responsibility over others, and the crippling fear of being wrong or leading others into mistakes with him - as well as having several people depend on him to make decisions - crumples him with fear.
066. Does your character prefer city life or being out in nature? He doesn't realize it just yet, but will later find that he much prefers to be out in nature.
067. Does your character believe in fate or destiny? Yes! He consults cootie catchers and magic 8 balls to make decisions for him as needed.
068. How strong is your character’s sense of responsibility? What kinds of things trigger it? Julian is very responsible and can be relied on no matter what, which is why he prefers to extend this offer of loyalty and care to no one. He's always thinking ahead and trying to foresee the needs of others - this is apparent in how he's started to carry King's medication and check labels for allergy warnings. He's the guy who has the multi-tool or the back-up plan. He's the designated driver. If someone needs him and specifically requests his help or services, he feels it's his duty to provide; so he tries to avoid looking like the sort who would.
069. What about your character is heroic? One could argue that his strong conviction for Pokemon rights is - however, I personally see Julian as cowardly, and love him for it regardless.
070. What about your character is cowardly? Julian puts his own fear of discomfort over morals and the feelings of others, being willing to lie and steal if he deems his cause or discomfort greater. He's extremely fearful and avoidant of conflict as much as possible, and is willing to resort to desperate measures to avoid it (as well as some basic social situations on a bad day). The world is out to get him and rip him from the simulation he lives in, according to him.
071. How kind is your character? It depends on who you are and how kind you've been to him. For those who gain his trust, there is perhaps literally nothing that he wouldn't do for them. To 99.9% of the world, he views them as a threat and will give them the cold (but polite, because again, fear of conflict) shoulder.
072. In a Dungeons & Dragons game, which class would your character be? (wizard, fighter, bard, priest, ranger, etc.) Julian later ends up making a DnD character out of the Small Monkey John Deere meme once he finds a friend group to play with!
073. In a novel, what plot role would your character fill? (hero, anti-hero, sidekick, villain, etc.) Depending on the setting and overarching plot of the novel, he would be either some mix between an anti-hero and a sidekick, or the paranoid hoarder character who the hero must go to because he has something that they need but is incredibly difficult to work with.
074. What is your character’s favorite game? LSD: Dream Emulator, Silent Hill, and Animal Crossing are all well-loved special interests of his!
075. Is your character ticklish? Very.
076. How do they express anger? Externally, he cries. Internally, he implodes on himself.
077. How often do they cry? Over what? Julian cries all the time, just in private/secret. He cries when he's touched, angry, overjoyed, stressed, and sad.
078. How emotionally stable is your character? He is very, very emotionally unstable and suffers from a multitude of untreated and undiagosed disorders.
079. How easy is it for them to read the emotions of others? I think that Julian's ability to read the intentions of others is pretty solid - however, the problem lies in that he often flies off the handle with it, convincing himself that every person is a direct threat much worse than what even threatening ones should realistically be perceived as. For example, a scam caller might as well be calling to see if he's home so that they can assess whether or not it's safe to rob and murder him.
080. How easy is it for others to read your character’s emotions? It depends on the character. For characters that have been around the world, heard a lot of stories, and dealt with a lot of people, a lot of Julian's internalized and troubled emotions probably don't come as a shock. To most everyday people, he's completely elusive.
081. Is your character religious? He was raised inconsistently Jewish, but has found a lack of belief in his adult life. Being so malleable, however, means that he is not immune to religious thoughts, fixations, or ideation later...
082. What are your character’s sleeping preferences? Julian's sleeping habits and preferences are a very complex, tricky, and well-established thing. He has poor sleep hygiene, and uses his phone in bed a lot. He suffers from chronic lifelong insomnia due to the nightmares and sleep paralysis that haunt him on a near nightly basis. He takes a mixture of Klonopin and Ambien together in order to knock himself out, which were accidentally prescribed together. Julian needs at least three blankets to sleep, and cannot sleep alone, needing the help of either a Pokemon or a stuffed animal to even have hope of getting some rest. He snores, hums, and sleep talks a lot, restlessly. His dreams and nightmares are very vivid, rich, and in crystal clear definition with high amounts of detail. He prefers to sleep on his back like a dumbass, unaware that it affects his sleep paralysis and snoring so extensively.
083. What is the first thing they say and/or do when they wake up? He always brushes his teeth in bed first thing, unable to stand the taste of his own mouth.
084. Describe your character in one word. Anxious.
085. Describe your character in three words. Anxious, paranoid, elusive.
086. How would your character describe themself in one word? Hopeless.
087. How would your character describe themself in three words? Just a worm.
088. Is your character quiet or loud? Julian is very quiet! He moves quietly on his feet, trying not to stand out. He speaks very softly, and only says a few words at a time.
089. How vocally expressive is your character? Something that absolutely fucking stuns him would be worthy of a soft "Whoa." at most. People who he feels comfortable with get a full range spectrum of very colorful laughter!
090. How bodily expressive is your character? Julian is unaware of how many nervous tics and stims he has - so very!
091. What type of music does your character like? EDM in general, pop, house, swing, and electroswing! Interestingly enough however, his favorite band is The Police and he insisted that his friends called him Mega Sting when he was like 6
092. What emotion does your character evoke in others? In other characters, either annoyance or intrigue. OOC-ly, people tend to infantilize him a lot or think he's just a "shy sweet uwu soft boy baby bean", which is sadly common for trans characters
093. What is your character’s goal in life? Answered above! To make as much of a difference as he can for Pokemon before his time is up. To give his meaningless life meaningful sacrifice.
094. Name three things most would not expect your character to be able to know. Robot repair, conspiracies, and being a firm believer in the flat earth theory.
095. Name three things most would not expect your character to be able to do. Win in a fight, stand up for what he believes in, and regularly eat ghost pepper sauce.
096. How do they move and carry themselves? What energy do they project? Julian is very graceful, having good balance and a wonderful sense of spatial awareness. He moves quick, nimble, and silently. He's very stealthy and takes up little space. The energy he projects is definitely someone of a more submissive and nervous personality, as well as socially awkward.
097. How well do they adapt to change? Julian can adapt to change very well, but that doesn't mean he likes it and that it doesn't greatly distress him.
098. Does your character like animals? lol
099. Do they talk to inanimate objects? Yes! Julian believes that all robots have a soul, and speaks sweetly to them as he repairs them, reassuring them of what he's doing and how much better they'll feel afterwards.
100. Does your character dream? If so, what do they dream about? He has frequent nightmares and, as mentioned above, dreams in vivid detail. Dreams that he's had include flashbacks to physical abuse and being trapped in a closet, a river of colorful goldfish being trapped in the sidewalk cracks, running from bandits while vlogging, being an orange about to be peeled by a group of school children, being a rat running endlessly through a maze, and being mistakenly trapped within a psychiatric ward.
Last Edit: Jun 25, 2020 5:30:18 GMT -5 by ERS-1000
Post by JULIAN MILLER on Jun 28, 2020 8:26:51 GMT -5
100 Fun Facts Challenge (Which wasn't challenging at all because this is all stuff that Bee and I have been establishing daily for 2 years now... oops)
001. He's 5'3" (160cm) and very insecure about his height.
002. He weighs either 120lbs (54.4kg) with his arm on, or 110lbs (49.8kg) depending on whether or not his prosthestic arm is worn or removed. The arm itself is made out of pure metal and weighs 10lbs (4.53kg).
003. He has really big ears! Fittingly enough, he also has a good sense of hearing.
004. He wears a contact lens over his organic eye.
005. He has Ashkenazim Jew paternal lineage (with his grandfather being a holocaust survivor) and tisoy maternal lineage (with his mother being Filipino American, and his grandmother being 100% Filipino). He classifies himself as a "jewpinoy", even though he doesn't practice Judaism.
006. A combination of prozac and HRT makes him sweat a lot.
007. He has the ABCC11 gene, which gives his dry earwax and a reduction in atrophic size of apocrine sweat glands, as well as a decreased protein concentration in axillary sweat. This means that Julian has very low body odor, and doesn't sweat in his armpits. A stick of deodorant will last him almost a year.
008. Due to this, the neckline of his shirt and his back of the shirt usually have drastic sweat spots.
009. He's very pale and any intense emotion of any kind makes him flush, so the constant rush of blood to his face and ears makes his complexion look very patchy. This can sometimes be mistaken for an allergic reaction.
010. He suffers from sleep paralysis, insomnia, and is haunted by frequent nightmares, so he usually has to take a mis-perscribed combination of klonopin and ambien to get some rest.
011. He sleep talks, snores, and hums in his sleep. He prefers to sleep on his back.
012. He really, really, really loves Pidove. He used to feed the Pidoves in Castelia City next to the parking lot near his house while playing Young Thug from his car, wanting them to "come through when they hear the sweet sounds of thugger". It worked.
013. His first job (semi-officially?) was working at the call center for the company his dad runs. Prior to this, because he has a harsh sense of self-deprecating humor, he had asked for his Siri to refer to him as "you fucking asshole". He accidentally set his Siri while in a call with a customer, who only heard from the other side "Good morning, you fucking asshole." He was fired for this, among other things.
014. His second job was working at Subway, where the gloves wouldn't fit over his prosthetic and he refused to touch sandwich ingredients with it. This forced him to work one-handed, slowing him down as entitled Castelia customers yelled at him and berated him. He only lasted a month.
015. When he was 18 to 20, he was a member of a city-funded LGBT theatre group, who did drag shows in Nimbasa often. The Castelia theatre group itself wasn't very trans friendly, but he found himself accepted by the drag queens of Nimbasa and befriended them as they discussed and joked about gender, people, and the city.
016. He used to have straight hair, but it became curly when he started HRT.
017. He has insane memory and has the rare phenomenon where some people don't develop infantile amnesia and actually remember being a baby. He remembers his mother's futile attempt at breastfeeding, and the switch to formula (which, according to him, tasted like "it had hair in it".
018. He suffers from NCS (neurocardiogenic syncope) which is primarily triggered by the sight of blood/gore. People online have has a history of sending him gore in the past purposefully for this reason, and still very occasionally do.
019. His height was estimated to be 5'8" once fully grown, but his growth was stunted by the malnutrition brought on as a child by eating only samefoods.
020. He was nonverbal until the age of 4, when he vocalized his upset over his dad stepping on a Cutiefly.
021. He spent his first paycheck on a broken pinball machine, which he restored and eventually made a profit on after many years of a steep learning curve.
022. His primary love language is word of affirmation, followed by physical touch and quality time.
023. However, for now, he has extreme touch aversion and hates being touched. Reactions range from dissociation to meltdowns.
024. He learned to cook at the age of 5 and has had a lifelong passion in it ever since.
025. He's very particular about most things his cookware.
026. He was attempted to be raised Jewish by his grandfather whom he was very close with, but his mother, as a scientist, disallowed religion in the household.
027. She allowed him to participate in traditions, however, and he sometimes attended Castelia Purim celebrations and Yom HaShoah gatherings of remembrance.
028. His favorite song is "Telephone" by Lady Gaga.
029. His favorite flavors are spicy and bitter. He has a very, very low tolerance for sweets.
030. His favorite season is autumn.
031. He's afraid of bugs, snakes, and Swanna.
032. His birthday is November 19th, 1989. His birthday falls on International Men's Day, Play Monopoly Day, "Have a Bad Day" Day, all of which are very fitting for him.
033. He was born at 12:14AM.
034. He hates cheese - both as a flavor and a texture, meaning that he won't even eat vegan cheese.
035. Speaking of which, can't believe it took me this long to mention he's a vegan.
036. He is allergic to lavender and milk products.
037. He is completely left-handed. He has left handed scissors, a left handed can opener, and a left handed bamboo kitchen utensil set. For anything else, he just suffers.
038. He has a pretty bad fear of heights and being trapped in enclosed spaces (lockers or closets for example). However, he loves small and enclosed spaces when he chooses to go into them himself. It's about the aspect of control.
039. His voice claim is Andrew Siwicki, and always will be! It's one of the biggest and most recognizable parts about him to me.
040. His ex-girlfriend was the lead singer and songwriter in a dark cabaret band. A poem he wrote as a teenager was used as lyrics to one of their songs.
041. He's almost died twice by electrocution, the first time being when he was managing tech for said band, and the second time was repairing an arcade machine when he worked at a entertainment pizzeria.
042. He has a compulsive need for reassurance.
043. He once saw a hypnotherapist out of desperation when his ex-girlfriend offered to pay for a session, but found it to be too hard to suspend his disbelief enough to see past the initial layer of absurdity.
044. He used to be known online for making satirical videos as a coping mechanism, and would frequently appear crying on camera.
045. He has a pretty active social media presence and has been involved in a number of online controversies.
046. He's a liquor man, not a beer man, but will drink it when all of the good stuff is gone. His favorite alcoholic drinks are straight rum and singapore slings.
047. He's a kleptomaniac. Things he's stolen include a bald cap for a wig, an air mattress from his roommate, King's hoodie and pen, money from the cash register at his old job, a 2 year employee pin from Subway, and a glass from the bar on Casulari Island.
048. He used to go skinny dipping after drag shows in Nimbasa with his theatre friends due to peer pressure.
049. With the mention of samefoods and meltdowns before, I should probably also mention more blatantly that he is autistic, and has a plethora of wonderful special interests and stims that he's learning to reclaim in his adult life after ABA therapy traumatized him during childhood.
050. He has polydactyly in the form of an additional toe on his left foot, which makes him have to wear a shoe size bigger on that side. He has to buy two pairs of shoes to make one.
051. He stomps and scream laughs when something is insanely hilarious
052.Almost all of his shoes are Heelys, which originally started as a joke, but now he actually uses them frequently in his hasty nature and finds them to be incredibly convenient.
053. His favorite soda is Crystal Pepsi, which he buys in bulk every time they re-release it and saves it for special occassions. He also likes cherry cola.
054. He used to just be uncomfortable with children, but now because of his experience with them in Anrui, he hates them.
055. He likes to sit with his right leg up when he's relaxed.
056. During conception, his name was originally going to be Jude or Desmond. I ultimately settled on Julian, and re-used Desmond later in my other boy, DESMOND WINTERS .
057. He loves ASMR and it's one of the only things that actually calms him down. He loves nail tapping, slime, glass blowing, kinetic sand cutting, and the sound of scissors cutting hair.
058. He has blood type A.
059. I'd say that the 3 fictional characters most like him that have shocked me in their similarities are Alfredo Linguini from Ratatouille, Dale Gribble from King of the Hill, and Jeff Randell from Clarence.
060. He got into robot repair when he was 6.
061. One of his biggest and most long-standing special interests is vending machines. He prefers drink vending machines over snack vending machines, but really loves both. He loves using them, stocking them, and just their essence and appearance very much.
062. He has no one to receive them from (yet...) but forehead kisses are his favorite.
063. He really likes durian and durian flavored things, but this is a very rare treat due to its difficulty to find in Anrui, and due to King's sensitive sense of smell.
064. His favorite flowers are lilies and sunflowers.
065. His favorite movie is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
066. Coming as a surprise to literally no one, his biggest and most prominent (especially later) motif is the moon, in conjunction with King being the sun.
067. He has a singular birthmark slightly to the left of his navel that resembles a large freckle.
068. He has a general preference for non-fiction when it comes to books, but will read almost anything.
069. His favorite holiday is Halloween - for now, he doesn't really like any of the others much at all, so it's an easy choice for him.
070. Like every stressed out millennial, he has a ton of houseplants who he lovingly names and takes care of. He also has a garden out on the small balcony of his actual, Plasma-assigned apartment, which he visits once a week.
071. He suffers from cyclic vomiting syndrome, triggered primarily by extreme emotional excitement (panic attacks, anxiety, social anxiety, etc.) This wasn't originally so, but one day I realized that I write him either feeling nauseous or vomiting during extreme conditions in Anrui missions, and felt it was a sign.
072. He loves fruit of all kinds, but has a huge preference for peaches. Second to this are blueberries. He doesn't like bananas because the strings drive him insane.
073. When he was a kid, his parents were insistent on him playing a prestiged instrument, like the violin or piano. They settled on the latter due to his fingers. He hated the forced lessons and rebelled by playing the kazoo out of spite for a large portion of his childhood and teenage years.
074. He is obsessed with Adidas. He almost always wears a signature maroon Adidas hoodie that he got from King, which opened his mind to how soft and comfortable the brand is. Since Julian is very brand loyal and particular/finicky, he expanded to Adidas shirts, jackets, hoodies, shorts, pants, shoes, and hats from there.
075. His favorite color is purple.
076. He humanizes everything - animals, plants, and objects. Everything has a soul and a personality to him.
077. In Animal Crossing, one of his favorite series of all time, his favorite villager is Blue Bear.
078. He absolutely adores horror as a genre. It's very important to him and has been there with him through his entire life.
079. He's a man of few words, and I purposefully try to make his dialogue in threads as short as possible unless he's info dumping. His record is only saying 8 words in an entire interaction thread.
080. His prosthetic arm is black and yellow by choice because when he was ten years old (the age it was fitted) he was obsessed with Transformers - and more specifically Bumblebee.
081. He drinks Americano when he really, really needs to make sure something gets done. It costs him great distress once the caffeine sets in.
082. He's extremely bad at drawing, even when he tries really hard. The way he projects images onto paper and processes shapes and structure is arguably just as bad as his rushed coloring.
083. He used to be well known on Vine and can commonly be found at least once during any mass compilation.
084. He is an obsessive chewer, and will mindlessly gnaw on pens, markers, styluses, his nails, his fingers, and especially his hoodie strings. At a later time, he receives a pair of hoodie string chewable grips that help a lot.
085. Watching The Truman Show is extremely triggering for him due to the fact that it inflames his fluctuating delusions.
086. He's also triggered by listening to songs by Frank Sinatra due to association with his ex-girlfriend and what she did to him.
087. When giving money, he always gives exact change because he doesn't ever want to get any cash handed back to him. This is due to his contamination phobia, which is one of many ruminations from OCD.
088. When he was a kid, he was a huge fan of wrestling. His favorite wrestler was The Undertaker.
089. Also when he was a kid, he went through a phase where he really loved camo clothing and almost exclusively wore it against his mom's permission.
090. His animal motif, depending on a lot of other factors, is always represented as either a fennec fox or a cat.
091. He utilizes baby harnesses and bonding pouches for his Pokemon frequently.
092. He has an expansive mug collection, most of which is at his Plasma-assigned apartment.
093. It's a secret of his since he finds it so embarrassing, but he loves Rilakkuma - I imagine that in the Pokemon universe, it would be about a Teddiursa family and their Torchic friend.
094. He hates Apple products, but also can't imagine his life without them at this point.
095. His lock screen used to be a picture of Peach (his Rockruff) but later changed to a picture of King.
096. Alolan Pokemon and their variants are his favorite!
097. When he was a very young kid, he tried so hard to convince others that he was a robot, that he accidentally wound up believing it himself for a good while.
098. He was into a science fiction series as a teenager where characters would gain energy from sleeping on the ground from the earth mother, so he proceeded to sleep on the floor in his second floor bedroom for months. To this day, he swears it permanently fucked up his back.
099. His family has silverware with roses on it - one of the table manners he was brought up with entailed his thumb having to be on the rose at all times, and that the utensils weren't allowed to make any noise against his teeth. Messing these things up meant he would be punished and forced to practice after dinner.
100. Contrary to pretty much the only way he wears his hat now, he wasn't allowed to wear his hat backwards when he lived with his parents because they thought it was a gang thing.
pokemon is copyrighted to nintendo. the skin HOW BOUT YOURS was made by jello exclusively for members of pokemon anrui. header image created by ningeko of dA, used with permission. generation vi sprites found here and recolored by various staff members. generation vii sprites found here and recolored by jello. all other graphics belong to their respective owners. plugins were obtained from the plugin index on proboards support. if credit to your work is missing, please inform jello.