WANT TO JOIN? Jul 17, 2016 18:34:03 GMT -5
Post by Anrui Staff on Jul 17, 2016 18:34:03 GMT -5
Want to Join?
A Step-by-Step Guide
We are so excited that you've decided to join us here in the Anrui Region! We know that there are a lot of steps to joining a forum RP for the first time, so we've created this step-by-step guide in order to help make that process a little easier. That being said, it's possible that we've missed some information. If you have a question that is not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact a staff member*! You can find out who the current staff members are by checking our members list, our member directory, or the staff section in our site's header.
(*please do not message the "admin." account - it is not checked regularly!)
- Register an account. Some of the boards are hidden from guests, so if you've decided you'd like to join, it would be a good idea to register an account with us in order to make sure you're seeing everything that you should be seeing! Go ahead and click the "register" link at the top of the page. Then, follow the instructions that are given. We are an account-per-character site, meaning that each character you make will have their own account. However, if you register with the same email, those accounts will be connected in order to make switching between accounts easier. Most people like to have an out-of-character account, so feel free to register using the name you go by!
- Read the Handbook. We'd like you to familiarize yourself with the threads in our Handbook board. All of the threads listed there are filled with relevant and up to date information about our rules, mechanics, and plot. While all of it is important, we recommend paying special attention to our plot, as not only will you need this information to create your character, but it's also one of the reasons that Anrui is unique! Our general rules and battle systems are also important threads to become familiar with. We know that there is quite a lot of information within these threads, so again, please feel free to message a staff member with any questions!
- Introduce yourself. Although you are not required to complete this step, we would love to start getting to know the mun behind the monster. You can make a post in our Introductions & Farewells board, or start up a chat in our cBox. You can complete this step at anytime, whether it be right after you've decided to join, while you're working on your character, or after your character has already been accepted.
In addition to our cBox, we also utilize Discord. A link to our Discord will be sent to you upon completion of your character, but if you'd prefer to get a headstart to the Discord and introduce yourself there, let us know and we will message a link to you ahead of schedule!
- Begin planning your character. If you haven't already, please make sure to follow the link above to our plot page and become familiar not only with the plot of Pokemon Anrui, but with the different factions as well. Even if your character is from another region, and even if they decide to remain "neutral," if they are living in Anrui then the war between Team Plasma and the Resistance Rebels will have a large effect on your character's everyday life.
Additionally, if you've got a certain look in mind for your character, head over to the faceclaims in our creation board in order to make a reservation. Also in our creation board is a thread where members can post wanted ads for various characters and relationships. If you need some inspiration, we suggest checking them out!
- Create your character. Please make sure to read the rules about character creation, located here! Also included in that thread is the template used for our character apps. Before you actually paste the code, make sure your post is set to "BBCode" and NOT "Preview." When you're ready for a mod to look at your app, please post a link to it in moddable threads. Please note that you should post your app in the general "creation" board - not in the Plasma/Neutral/Resistance subboards; once your character is accepted, the mods will move your app to the correct subboard.
- Post in the directories. Once you've posted a link to your app in moddables, you're welcome to officially register your information in our member directory and faceclaims! If you don't get a chance to do this, don't worry - the staff is typically very good about updating the directories when they accept applications!
- Begin posting! After your character is accepted by a mod, you'll be able to begin posting in-character! You'll want to make sure to take them through the labs for their starters - Plasma members go to the Plasma Labs, Resistance members visit Ava Labs, and neutrals go to Pavaline Park. Please remember that you must post in moddable threads EVERY time that you need a mod to post in your thread!
As you work through your lab thread, it is also a good idea to begin setting up your character's Personal Computer, where you'll keep track of things such as items, points/rewards, and pokemon! We also have boards for plotters and trackers as well!
Have fun, stay safe, and welcome to Anrui!